How to use this section
POETRY from Ian McMillan, Martin Malone, Rebecca Gethin, David Cooke, and Stuart Henson. Gwyneth Lewis is this issue’s Poet on Her Work.
Two extracts from Steve Sem-Sandberg’s mortifyingly powerful Emperor of Lies (Faber, July 2011); David Almond’s ‘The Book of Beasts’ taken from The True Tale of Monster Billy Dean (Viking, September 2011); a new short story from David Constantine.
Andrew Crompton writing and drawing on almost anything and everything, and Alan Wall offering an occasional series on the way that words’ meanings or forms change over time. And we welcome back and old friend, Kenneth Steven, who writes of the mountains.
Plus all your regular features.
Your subscription brings you four copies of The Reader direct to your front door and saves you over 15% on the cover price.
Issue 39 – From Dog to God: The Everything Issue
* An interview with Sonja Sohn – star of the acclaimed television drama The Wire and co-founder of the Baltimore charity Rewired for Change
* Clare Allan – author of Poppy Shakespeare – investigates the genetic make-up of her dog, Meg
* Fiction by Salley Vickers and Stanley Middleton
* Poetry from David Constantine and Angela Leighton
* and we couldn’t have everything without all the fantastic features and competitions you’d expect from your quarterly dose of Reader goodness.
If you would like to purchase a free taster issue for a friend or relative with your own subscription, please email the giftee’s name and address, along with your special message, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any enquiries about subscriptions – new or existing – please email email@example.com and we’ll get back to you as soon as we can.